[kwlug-disc] New geek in the area

Andrew Dekker andrewcdekker at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 22:26:16 EDT 2010

  Fastbits speed test at dlsreports.com
test to chicago at 10:21pm 4174Kb/s Down 554Kb/s Up 22ms latency
(virtually I'm on bell, but re-branded as fastbits without most of the
bell bs)
I also subscribe to fastbits voip service. and have never had issues
with qos
I use fastbits over rogers primarliy because their are no caps. I do a
ton of downloading and uploading and average about 150gb-200gb / month.
Most of the traffic to and from the us I route through a server in
chicago and average about 350-500kb/s download speeds. Plenty fast
enough if your a patient person!