[kwlug-disc] New geek in the area

Fernando Duran liberosec at yahoo.ca
Wed Sep 8 22:16:25 EDT 2010

>I looked into Yak a couple of months ago, and they were very promising, but
>wanted to take over my long distance too, which I am with a company that
>gives good rates for USA/Canada as well as specific overseas countries.
>So that was the deal breaker for me.

I use Skype and their Unlimited World plan; for US $10/month I have unlimited
minutes to Canada, USA (landlines and mobiles) and many countries in the world
(mostly landlines). I can't find anything cheaper than that if you make
international calls with certain frequency (the best part is when the person on
the other side says "OK, hung up, this must be costing you a fortune!" and
you're like "meh, never mind...")

Fernando