[kwlug-disc] KWLUG - The Kitchener Waterloo Linux User Group new content notification: 2010-10-29 09:08

J W jeff.w.bulk at gmail.com
Sat Oct 30 22:51:02 EDT 2010

On 2010-10-30, at 10:41 PM, Richard Weait <richard at weait.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 11:21 AM, Paul Nijjar <paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca> wrote:
>> On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 09:08:56AM -0400, webhost at kwlug.org wrote:
>>
>>> 1. Bandwidth Statistics and Traffic Control
>>> Published Presentation Topic by jeff.welling
>>> [ http://kwlug.org/node/780 ]
>>
>> Now I am confused. Is this an offer or a request?
>
> Right. On the one hand, "Author is volunteer presenter" is un-checked,
> which suggests that the author would rather not present.  On the other
> hand the description appears to have been written by someone who
> understands the problem and a solution set.

Well, I would love for someone with more time and knowledge than
myself to present this topic, but recognizing thats not likely, I
volunteer to present it myself if community interest warrants it.

> Shy?  Modest?  Huge ego
> that demands an engraved invitation to present?  Hey, we've had 'em
> all.  Hell we've seen members transition between those states in a
> single meeting.  ;-)

Well if you've got the time, an engraved invitation would be
spectacular, but its not expected :)

Just shy, bogged down with other commitments, and unsure of my own abilities.

> Jeff, you should do this talk if there is sufficient interest from the group.
Agreed. Let's see what kind of interest there is first though. If
these emails are any indication, there's at least acouple people
interested :)