[kwlug-disc] Good android phones [was: MS Phone]

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Wed Oct 13 22:55:34 EDT 2010

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 10:37 PM, Bob Jonkman <bjonkman at sobac.com> wrote:

> On 10-10-13 12:42 PM, Khalid Baheyeldin wrote:
>> If you are looking for a phone with a physical keyboard, then don't get
>> the Motorola Milestone (a.k.a. Droid in CDMA networks), which I own.
>> The reason is that the keyboard is almost unusable. It works fine as a
>> touch phone, and is feature rich otherwise.
> Could you use a Bluetooth keyboard with this phone?

I have not tried any bluetooth devices with that phone, simply because I
no peripherals that are bluetooth. But I see

According to this, it seems a rooted phone can do it, and there is a request

for Google to include it (and you can vote on it by "starring" it)

I see a few apps in the market about bluetooth keyboard, but have not
tried any of them.

Apart from that, Motorola has a very nice feature on this phone. It is
a phone portal. What it does is that you enable WiFi on your phone, and
it acts as a server. You connect to it from a browser, and then it allows
direct access to several things (e.g. browsing your contacts, sending
SMS messages, ...etc.)

There is also an app in the Market called Wifi Keyboard that does what you
want via Bluetooth but over Wifi.