[kwlug-disc] Rogers Cable internet speed

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Thu Oct 7 21:24:29 EDT 2010

No.

This was served from HTTP and there is no write access the other way.

But from other tests at other times to other hosts (via Speedtest.net), I
have found that the connection is also mostly on the 0.5 MB/s mark (the
nominal 512 Kbps), only varying slightly from that (0.47 MB/s to 0.51 MB/s).

On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 9:01 PM, Lori Paniak <ldpaniak at fourpisolutions.com>wrote:

> Any measure of upload speeds on that connection?
>

> On Thu, 2010-10-07 at 20:18 -0400, Khalid Baheyeldin wrote:
> > We discussed this on occasions before.
> >
> > One thing you can't criticize Rogers Cable Internet for, is speed.
> >
> > I am getting the nominal 10 Mbps, even from a server in Europe!
> >
> > 10GB of data @ 1.08 MB/s.
> >
> > Here is the output from wget.
> >
> > Length: 10,478,162,638 (9.8G) [application/x-bzip2]
> >
> > 100%[=========================>] 10,478,162,638    1.11M/s    ETA 00:00
> >
> > 03:26:27 (1.08 MB/s) - `performance_101004_all.tar.bz2' saved
> > [10478162638/10478162638]
> > --
> > Khalid M. Baheyeldin
> > 2bits.com, Inc.
> > http://2bits.com
> > Drupal optimization, development, customization and consulting.
> > Simplicity is prerequisite for reliability. --  Edsger W.Dijkstra
> > Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. --   Leonardo da Vinci

Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.
http://2bits.com