[kwlug-disc] I hereby OSS my business idea

Raul Suarez rarsa at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 6 22:58:06 EDT 2010

--- On Tue, 10/5/10, Richard Weait <richard at weait.com> wrote:
> <gcooke at insurancesquared.com> wrote:
> > Android's got a connection to Google I think, which
> makes me all twitchy.
> > I've got googlephobia.  But if Sony brings out a
> table, I'm in for one for
> > sure.
>
> Really?  With Sony's history of oddball
> connectors?  I'd lean towards
> rooting an Android tablet and using a version of the code
> that has been audited.

If Sony sells and Android tablet, you can bet that it will either come crippled or will eventually receive crippling updates.

I got an original PS3 with the ability to install Linux, I did. about a year ago, Sony forced an upgrade that disabled that feature. Why? just because.

Raul Suarez

Technology consultant
Software, Hardware and Practices
Twitter: rarsamx