[kwlug-disc] I hereby OSS my business idea

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Tue Oct 5 20:39:18 EDT 2010

Android is free.

You only have to pay them if you want to put their apps on it (Gmail client,
Calendar, Google Sky ...), otherwise, it is just open source.

There are many rooted images out there, most of them legal (no Google
unlicensed components in them).

You can even have a device that is only Google-less Android, and then let
the
user install most of the above from the Market.

As for Sony, one may be in the making.

http://www.androidguys.com/2010/06/09/sony-ipad-androidpowered-tablet/
http://hothardware.com/News/Sony-And-Google-Team-Up-For-More-Android-Products-Could-A-Tablet-Be-On-Deck/

Please demo it to the LUG when you get it :-)

Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.
http://2bits.com