[kwlug-disc] Announcement: (Alternate) Meeting Space for kwlugsecured - King & William

rbclemen at gmail.com rbclemen at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 15:34:50 EDT 2010

Decent wireless microphones will be in the 300-500  range. They would be compatible with any pro audio system (SJK included).

I tried getting a bluetooth device working as a computer headset once and didn't have any luck (tho it should have been possible). Plus phone accessories, by definition, will sound like the presenter is "phoning it in" (pun intended)

Are we elevating the speakers above the audience (audio speakers, not person speaking-- damn the english language....) So that the people at the back are not listening to the sound thru the people in front of them?  Putting the speakers up, apart, and slightly in front of the presenter will help a lot.  Some tricks with the EQ will make the voice clearer and reduce feedback.

The room is a big hollow space which is difficult to provide sound to. It may help to orient the presentation against a short wall or in a corner instead of in the middle of a long wall

Brent