[kwlug-disc] Announcement: (Alternate) Meeting Space for kwlug secured - King & William

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Mon Oct 4 11:45:43 EDT 2010

Khalid Baheyeldin wrote, On 10/04/2010 10:25 AM:
> On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 8:39 AM, unsolicited <unsolicited at swiz.ca> wrote:
>
>> Dear kwlug:
>>
>> I have just been notified by First United (King & William in Waterloo)
>> that we have now been approved to meet there, with wi-fi internet
>> access, without charge.
.
.
.

> Background noise is a concern at SJK.
>
> Would First United have audio built in to the room, or they are just quieter
> with no HVAC noise?

No HVAC noise, false ceilings, and actual rooms.

I don't believe there is audio in the rooms, don't remember if they
even have an audio system, and no audio system would be needed.
(Unless recording.)

Think Working Centre (lower ceilings), pre-cafeteria, of about the
space we occupied. Another room smaller (already booked), a 2nd
larger. And a gym if we want an installfest or LAN Party.

> Re: parking. I used the green area on the map, and it was convenient. But
> it was for an event that is 1 hour. Can't remember if the sign says 1 or 2
> hours
> free parking.

I'll try to remember to look at the hours next time I'm there - it
will be a while. If my Huether experience (Library city lot) is any
guide, it's all free (unlimited?) after 6:00. Adam's link seems to
confirm that, and shows additional parking just across the street.
Even if it were only two hours, 7:00 - 9:00 mostly covers it, with the
likelihood of a ticket for only going over by a little not too great.

Unless, of course, we order in pizza and have a gab / laptopfest on
the kitchen counters afterwards. We'd probably have to feed the
building rep.(s) a piece or two if we do. Maybe we could convert him
to Linux ... hold on ... he already has! Somewhat. LAMP / Drupal even!