[kwlug-disc] Help!

Joe Wennechuk youcanreachmehere at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 23 08:58:35 EST 2010

I think I have a toehold into it. All of my single point maps are displaying fine. What I can't figure out is making a view show up with all data points from a single node type; in my case story. I create the view, then I add the geo field (I've used wkt, raw float numbers, and geotaxonomy terms). Then I add the node title, and node body, or taxonomy terms. Then I add an openlayers datadisplay and change the style to openlayers data ( there is no path option here). I can see the lookup working. The points are listed at the bottom of the view screen. Now, here is where it gets tricky if I add a page display to the view, and make it of type openlayers map, this recursively changes the dataview to style openlayers map, it seems to distroy the lookup but I can set the path, I'm not sure, but nothing shows up whern I try to look at it, just a white screen.. I have also tried to create the page view separately in a different view. When I do this the map shows but no points... I think it is somthing about my view-foo. I have tried various filters like note:type <> story, node:type = story, node:ispublished (yes/no) .. I think I need to understand the views module a little better.

Joseph Wennechuk