[kwlug-disc] Your country needs you (or "Our MP is on the C-32 committee")

Raul Suarez rarsa at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 22 07:41:29 EST 2010

My understanding is that even though you own the media, you don't own the content, you are just licensed to view it. e.g. There have been disclaimers on CDs and DVDs for ever telling you that it is for private use not "public displays".

Hence the issue. I thought the argument was that Digital locks enforce the license in a way that is unfair to the consumer imposing artificial barriers to otherwise legal uses.

And that's my original point, different people have different ideas and opinions of what's wrong with this bill. some of those are correct, some incorrect. You just need enough incorrect to discredit the whole opposition.

(Note, I am not saying that my interpretation is right, just that it seems very different than yours)

Raul Suarez

Technology consultant

Software, Hardware and Practices

Twitter: rarsamx