[kwlug-disc] Your country needs you (or "Our MP is on the C-32 committee") and the Long Census

L.D. Paniak ldpaniak at fourpisolutions.com
Sun Nov 21 13:13:08 EST 2010

The mantra of "not making criminals out of law abiding citizens" is a
long standing one in conservative lore.  It was certainly front and
center in arguments against a gun registry 10+ years ago and even
further back against medicare.  I find it hard to believe that a Reform
candidate from  Calgary would not be susceptible to this line of
reasoning - even if channeled through an Ontario MP.

The question for a conservative politician is what public interest is
served by the government intruding on the privacy of my home for the
purposes of checking on how I am watching a DVD that I legally purchased
(the right to view)?