[kwlug-disc] SMS Gateway..

Joe Wennechuk youcanreachmehere at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 19 14:49:18 EST 2010

I need it to send responses to people. With out first knowing what phone company they use. I would love to be able to do it with phone-number@ provider.com  or something like that but I don't know who is with what phone company by their number alone.

Currently our bus system in town GRT uses a system called easy go to SMS send next bus info to passengers by stop number. A person would text their stop number say "1596" to 57555, and immediately they get the arrival/departure times for the next three busses. I am trying to replicate that system; but, add a second message containing a coupon for a store that exists on that route that is redeemed electronically and tracked. I would like a short number if I could possibly ( like 57556 ), and one that is free to call. The GRT system (57555) currently in operation for about 9 months now received 149,500 requests for next stop information in September of this year. If I could make a few cents per coupon It would be viable.

Joseph Wennechuk