[kwlug-disc] Hello World

Fernando Duran liberosec at yahoo.ca
Thu Nov 18 15:08:31 EST 2010

Hi,

Good online resources for learning Python are:

http://docs.python.org/tutorial/
http://greenteapress.com/thinkpython/html/index.html
http://learnpythonthehardway.org/static/LearnPythonTheHardWay.pdf (PDF)

A famous one too is http://diveintopython.org/toc/index.html but I don't favor
it (outdated etc).

Unlike Java etc and more like Perl, you are not required to use a lot object
orientation in Python. See for example in the tutorials above how they introduce
classes only about the end of the text.

Python is about the cleanest, easiest to read, less verbose and less complicated
mainstream language that you can get.

Cheers,
Fernando Duran
http://www.fduran.com