[kwlug-disc] Cash becoming illegal?

Joe Wennechuk youcanreachmehere at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 5 15:37:08 EDT 2010

I have run into a few vendors recently, who also put an extra $0.25 on debit transactions at the counter. The register comes up with one price, and they tack on $0.25 prior to punching the value into the debit machine. I objected to this, and the proprietor told me sorry, but that is the policy of the store... Is this legal? it seemed strange to me, and I won't shop at these stores anymore.

Joseph Wennechuk