[kwlug-disc] Yesterday in C-32 news

Chris Irwin chris at chrisirwin.ca
Thu Nov 4 14:54:22 EDT 2010

On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 14:26, unsolicited <unsolicited at swiz.ca> wrote:
>> Of course, freely available content such as Die Beauty or Nina Paley's
>> movie or Allison Crowe's music can be shared and distributed, so uploading
>> that is a yes-yes.
>
> As is, of course, Linux distros available as torrents! (-:

Are we allowed to distribute tools to bypass "digital locks"?

libgpod defeats "digital locks" on ipods. libcdio-paranoia can be used
to to bypass the crappy anti-ripping gunk some companies used to put
on their cds. Both of these are part of Ubuntu's main repo. I believe
they are on CD (the first depended on by rhythmbox-plugins & banshee,
the latter by gvfs).

--
Chris Irwin
<chris at chrisirwin.ca>