[kwlug-disc] kwlug-help

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Mon May 31 23:40:25 EDT 2010

Y'all thought I was all yap and no action, but I finally got around to
implementing a suggestion made in the long "How can we make KWLUG
friendlier for new users" thread:

http://kwlug.org/node/56

If you would like to ask a question (or would like to answer some
questions in a friendly and non-threatening way) please feel free to
sign up.

People who would be willing to moderate discussions would also be
helpful.

I am a little queasy about the list because moderation will be more
difficult than kwlug-disc. On kwlug-disc almost anything goes
(including technical questions! Don't feel you have to join kwlug-help
to ask something!) On kwlug-help we will want to be tighter -- I don't
think discussions about Facebook Freedom Day or the latest iteration
of the Canadian DMCA are appropriate. But that all takes energy to
moderate in a friendly way that doesn't alienate people.

The other danger is that this mailing list is stupid and that nobody
will join or ask questions, which has been my experience with a
certain Windows Administrators list I will not name. (Although I will
say that I am plenty grateful to the unnamed person who set that list
up.)

Anyways, please help make kwlug-help a success if you are so inclined.
There are more newbie-friendly changes coming, once I get off my fat
lazy behind and actually do something (and also figure out better
terminology than "newbie friendly").

- Paul

--
http://pnijjar.freeshell.org