[kwlug-disc] transfer

Shane shane.msg at gmail.com
Sat May 29 12:48:39 EDT 2010

Here is an interesting question and I think it is possible but I'm not certain.

Is it possible to install Linux from a CD directly to a flash device.  He doesn't want to install it onto the computer until he is comfortable with using it.  He doesn't want to run the Linux installation from the CD because he has data that he wants to store as a test of the "Linux system."

I have told him about dual boot but he doesn't want to go that route.