[kwlug-disc] June meeting - short presentations.

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Fri May 28 11:06:01 EDT 2010

On Thu, 27 May 2010, Richard Weait wrote:

> I see two short presentations on the calendar for the June meeting.
>
> Rob - Compile a kernel
> Me - Choose a distro
>
> Rob, how long will your talk be?  Mine will be five minutes.  Really.
> Just five.  I promise.

  sorry, just catching up on all this.  a typical "how to build and
reboot a kernel" talk normally takes, what, 20 minutes?  i can easily
bend that to go either way -- talk faster/cover less, or stretch it
out a bit with a few more goodies.  it's an eminently flexible topic.

  my plan is simply to hook a laptop to the projector with the kernel
source ready to go, and walk through the config, build, see the
results, install and reboot.  nothing earth-shattering, perhaps just
to rid the beginners of the fear in trying it the first time.

rday