[kwlug-disc] how to install fedora rpms on ubuntu 10.04?

Lori Paniak ldpaniak at fourpisolutions.com
Thu May 27 15:02:35 EDT 2010

If you do need the 1.99 version, it might be easier to get the source
and doctor the existing deb packaging to make your own deb.  All the
pre/post-inst scripts should already be there.  Not to mention the
dependencies (your next note). It is just a bunch of perl script, right?

Debian unstable appears to have a newer version too (1.6.3).  You can
often install Debian packages in ubuntu without issue.

I doubt alien does all/any of the deps correctly.

Maybe test in a VM if you want to avoid nasty surprises.