[kwlug-disc] Fwd: [TLUG]: Dlink DIR-825 wireless router one-day sale $119.99

Insurance Squared Inc. gcooke at insurancesquared.com
Fri May 21 14:30:53 EDT 2010

A one gigabit router doesn't in the end provide anything useful that a
10/100 does, right?

I mean, even if you have gigabit cards - and that's not for sure.  And
then your wiring is gigabitready, and that's also doubtful. Then you've
still got the internet capped at about what, .005 gigabits :).

I'm using a commercial grade router at my house with decent wiring and I
bet I still don't get 10mbits even internally.

Others out there getting speeds approaching a gigabit?  For what purpose?

g.