[kwlug-disc] linux undelete command

Raul Suarez rarsa at yahoo.com
Wed May 19 22:07:33 EDT 2010

Charles McColm latest blog post is titled "Ubuntu/Linux Tips - Recovering from rm -rf using Foremost"

You may not be using Ubuntu, but I am sure that the post will be useful.

http://www.charlesmccolm.com/content/ubuntulinux-tips-recovering-rm-rf-using

The most important part is that you create a dd image of the partition and do all your recovery activities on that image, not on the actual HDD, That way you don't need to mount it or mess with it.

Raul Suarez

Technology consultant
Software, Hardware and Practices
Twitter: rarsamx