[kwlug-disc] Selling stuff on list (was: "android g1 dev phone for sale")

Chris Irwin chris at chrisirwin.ca
Tue May 18 13:27:48 EDT 2010

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 12:01, Dave Cramer <davec at visibleassets.com> wrote:
> I have upgraded to a nexus one.
>
> My android g1 dev phone is for sale.

Not to call Dave out or anything, but do we have a policy on selling
stuff on the list? I've been cleaning out my basement and cataloguing
things I no longer require. The geeky electronic toys and gizmos would
probably be of interest to the list. My other option is something like
kijiji, but I think some of the items (tv cards, nokia tablet) would
more likely find a home via the list (plus I'd be able to hear about
neat stuff other people did with it).

I was thinking about just throwing a page up on teh interwebs
somewhere and posting a message outlining stuff I'm selling, and "read
the details at [link]". Would that be acceptable? Preferred to just
list it all in the message to avoid having to visit some website? What
about a page on the kwlug.org site for swapping/selling used items,
instead of hitting the list with it?

--
Chris Irwin
<chris at chrisirwin.ca>