[kwlug-disc] Game developer: "Sound makes porting games to Linux difficult"

Adam Glauser adamglauser at gmail.com
Tue May 18 13:26:16 EDT 2010

I came across this interview* when searching for a solution to a problem
I was having with the sound in "World of Goo" (part of the Humble Bundle
that was recently discussed).

I found the interview and comment thread quite interesting.  The gist is
that the diversity of window managers, sound subsystems and distros is
unfamiliar to Windows developers, and makes their lives difficult.
Sound seems to be particularly troublesome.

* http://tinyurl.com/2f875pz
or
http://linuxlock.blogspot.com/2010/05/why-games-dont-get-ported-to-linuxa.html