[kwlug-disc] Purging already removed Debian packages.

Lori Paniak ldpaniak at fourpisolutions.com
Fri May 14 12:54:28 EDT 2010

And I swear by the "gui" for aptitude.  Easy to use and powerful.  Nice
for browsing/searching all packages and works in a terminal locally or
remotely. It does have a bit of a learning curve to it though.

There, purging is a natural extension of removing a package:

To remove a package press "-"

To purge a package press "_" (underscore)

dpkg, apt-get, aptitude, synaptic: it's all FLOSS - the choice is yours!