[kwlug-disc] Choose your price for five Linux indie games

Insurance Squared Inc. gcooke at insurancesquared.com
Tue May 11 16:30:51 EDT 2010

As someone who's actively interested in online marketing, the model -
and success - of what they're doing is very interesting.  This is viral
marketing at it's best.

My initial take on this is that much of their success has been through
targetting linux and tech type folks.  In fact, I'd suggest that what
they've done here is very similiar to what happened with Google.  All
the techs emailed everyone about the new search engine.  Now the techs
spread the word about these games.  And look what happened.  I bought as
the result of a post on a linux forum and also posted in the software
section of a technical forum where others bought.  Very grassroots stuff.

I just have to figure out a way to get the linux community to move on my
business model :).  Then I'll be rich I tell ya!