[kwlug-disc] Choose your price for five Linux indie games

Paul Gallaway pgallaway at gmail.com
Tue May 11 16:29:46 EDT 2010

>> The're currently at $1 003 575. I'm interested to see how the source
>> release is handled.

http://blog.wolfire.com/2010/05/Lugaru-goes-open-source

"This is the source code to Lugaru HD. This is based on Ryan C.
Gordon's branch, which took David Rosen's original Windows and
Carbonized Mac OS code and ported it to Linux and Mac OS X, using SDL
and OpenAL.

We have included enough of the game data to run the demo version.
Please note that the game data is not under the GPL, and forbids
commercial redistribution."

More details at the above link. Think I can easily say I wish these
guys all the best. Reading their news posts about the bundle it sounds
like the response has far exceeded expectations and despite the
possible pirating issue, they're calling it an overwhelming success.
As a linux user, I feel I can call it a success for linux as a gaming
platform as well.