[kwlug-disc] On lowering new member hurdles & comment cards.

Chris Frey cdfrey at foursquare.net
Fri May 7 01:41:51 EDT 2010

On Thu, May 06, 2010 at 09:49:15PM -0400, Lori Paniak wrote:
> I've been enjoying the refreshing vacuum of KWLUG for almost five years
> now.

I like the vacuum too. :-)

> So what is it, exactly, that we are trying to fix?

I think the only thing we could improve is the "response time" of
answers to simple questions.  Instead of waiting for the presentation to
come around, which could be a few months, a simple Q&A session
would be stimulating and useful.

If newbies knew that there was a time slot for asking random
questions every month, suddenly KWLUG becomes a multi-faceted answer
machine:

	- mailing list and forum any time
	- presentations on a future schedule
	- hands-on Q&A every month

I think the Q&A could end up being as fun as the Zeke's feast if we
do it right.  Low pressure and social.

- Chris