[kwlug-disc] On lowering new member hurdles & comment cards.

Shane shane.msg at gmail.com
Thu May 6 19:15:49 EDT 2010

Right back to before.  A sheet for first name, contact (preferably email), level of experience, distro(s)?, is there anything you'd like to find out/talk about?

This is data.  How many new?  How many from MS?  From Apple? From Commodore/Radio Shack/who knows.  where?  What do they want to know?  What do they know that they would like to talk about?

Now that you have data you can make plans using it.  Social evenings are good, even for geeks.  People are more interactive with a friendly group than a bunch of strangers.  You really have no real idea why many will be there.  Social?  Technical?  What mix?  It will likely not happen in a hurry but you could attract, or even develop, some very good resources.

================It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.