[kwlug-disc] "What Linux Distro Should I Use?"

Raul Suarez rarsa at yahoo.com
Thu May 6 00:26:53 EDT 2010

--- On Wed, 5/5/10, Khalid Baheyeldin <kb at 2bits.com> wrote:
There is actually something called "lightning talks" that was first invented at some Python conference. Topics are 10 minutes, and focused on one particular thing.
There is also the "Ignite" format: 5 Minutes, 20 slides, 15 seconds per slide.

Twitter: rarsamx

We did something similar at DrupalCon for the core summit, with around
120 people submitting 10-15 minute topics in 4 or so slides, and then a few

were selected among them.

So, this can be a useful vehicle. I would use it for an audience that is

more focused on a particular topic though, not for newbies. Unless we
want to show the breadth of topics and presenters or some such.

Simplicity is prerequisite for reliability. --  Edsger W.Dijkstra
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. --   Leonardo da Vinci

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----

kwlug-disc_kwlug.org mailing list
kwlug-disc_kwlug.org at kwlug.org