[kwlug-disc] peoples' thoughts on apple, adobe and flash?

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Sat May 1 00:19:58 EDT 2010

On Sat, May 1, 2010 at 12:04 AM, unsolicited <unsolicited at swiz.ca> wrote:

> Raul Suarez wrote, On 04/30/2010 11:55 PM:
>
>  Back to my car example. The designers can select an awesome
>> pearlescent colour. If you want to paint it green with pink polka
>> dots is up to you, you wouldn't hang it against the original
>> designers, would you? And you wouldn't like the original designers
>> to tell you what colour you can paint it after you bought it.
>>

> Not quite apt, I don't think.
>
> The car has an internal combustion engine, and you bought it.
>
> You can't act surprised, or find it unacceptable, that it takes unleaded
> gas.

And you can fill it with gas at any station that you want, whether it is a
chain, or individually owned and branded. The hole that you fill the car
with fuel from is a standard size used in millions of outlets across the
world. There is no lock on the fuel cover that is only opened if you are the
one and only authorized place to fill fuel from.

All newish Apple devices are locked to iTunes, and it is the only way you
can transfer stuff to it, or purchase stuff from (books, movies, music,
programs).

That is the problem with Apple: they own the ecosystem, and control it
tightly in exchange for a nicer interface.

No, thanks. Not for me ...
--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.