[kwlug-disc] peoples' thoughts on apple, adobe and flash?

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Sat May 1 00:04:39 EDT 2010

Raul Suarez wrote, On 04/30/2010 11:55 PM:
> Back to my car example. The designers can select an awesome
> pearlescent colour. If you want to paint it green with pink polka
> dots is up to you, you wouldn't hang it against the original
> designers, would you? And you wouldn't like the original designers
> to tell you what colour you can paint it after you bought it.

Not quite apt, I don't think.

The car has an internal combustion engine, and you bought it.

You can't act surprised, or find it unacceptable, that it takes
unleaded gas.

On the other hand, you can change the floor mats.

You can convert it to propane too, with appropriate heavy lifting.

But the placement of the horn button on the steering will is where it
is - deal.

And the dimensions of the stereo equipment is what it is - you can
replace it, but only, really, with something of the same or smaller
physical dimensions.

Herein is the problem - you void your warranty if you take it anywhere
other than the dealer.