[kwlug-disc] Hosts....

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Fri Mar 26 15:41:54 EDT 2010

At the least, placing the database on the same server exposes you,
regardless of the hosting company. (Every server of any ilk has its
issues. Apparently there are just less of them non-Windows.)

It is arguable that the server send a request to something on another
machine, and that machine, with the database, does its thing.

	And under that scenario, FrontPage ceases to matter. e.g. Could be a vm.

It is not clear from your message whether you are autoresponding to
web form requests or to e-mail. I'm guessing e-mail. Which presumably
isn't on this server. Can you clarify?