[kwlug-disc] [OT] voip fax/email to fax/ ccards

Insurance Squared Inc. gcooke at insurancesquared.com
Thu Mar 18 16:35:02 EDT 2010

Is anyone actively using fax on voip successfully, particularly asterisk?

Or perhaps a better question, I need to accept credit cards on a
website, but not process them.  Any ideas on how to do this?  The last
time we just used an email to fax gateway to handle credit cards, but at
that point Golden Triangle Online was advertising 56K dialup for $15 a
month.  So it's been a while.  I need to accept them, not process them
(they're processed later, offline).

I suppose the other option is to have the website poke the data to a
local server here - could I do that and have form submissions
automatically print locally or something bizarre like that, assuming
linux machines at each point?  This sounds complicated :).