[kwlug-disc] OT: New Intel desktop/laptop CPUs

shane.msg at gmail.com shane.msg at gmail.com
Sun Mar 7 11:02:44 EST 2010

Reason for me to buy new hardware is that the old was junk to start with.  I should have returned it a week after I bought it.  After many overheats and other problems it would cost as much or more to repair fully as to get a new computer.

Generally continuous hardware "upgrades" are primarily for gamers who like to squeeze as much speed as possible out of a system that is a slow resource hog.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.