[kwlug-disc] KWLUG error and security issue

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Tue Mar 2 19:55:56 EST 2010

On Tue, Mar 02, 2010 at 10:35:12AM -0500, Khalid Baheyeldin wrote:
> Paul or someone with ssh access. Do this:
>
> # mysql dbname
> mysql > repair table accesslog;
>
> That should fix this problem.

I assume this output is okay?

mysql> repair table accesslog;
+---------------------------+--------+----------+------------------------------$

+---------------------------+--------+----------+------------------------------$
| db.accesslog | repair | warning  | Number of rows changed
from 500179 to 500184 |
| db.accesslog | repair | status   | OK                           $

+---------------------------+--------+----------+------------------------------$
2 rows in set (41.84 sec)

Stupid question time: if errors are not verbose, then how will we know
that they are happening? I log into the site about once a month. If I
bother to look at

http://kwlug.org/admin/logs/watchdog

then I see the errors, but unless the site admins can somehow get notified
when these bad things happen it's almost better if users see the errors
and report them, no? Many eyes make shallow bugs and all that?

- Paul

--
http://pnijjar.freeshell.org