[kwlug-disc] could be the laptop deal of the year

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Sat Jun 26 08:58:19 EDT 2010

On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 8:09 AM, Robert P. J. Day <rpjday at crashcourse.ca>wrote:

> On Fri, 25 Jun 2010, Khalid Baheyeldin wrote:
>
> > A great deal at that price vs. features for sure. Good thing most
> > things work. What about sound? Are there decent channels showing in
> > the mixer (Master, Speaker, Headphone and Capture at a minimum?)
>
>   at the moment, sadly, i have no sound but it's not high on my list
> of priorities to deal with that.

For teens, sound is the number 1 thing on a laptop. Remember that we
returned it because it did not have the hardware buttons for audio control
(just Fn-something), and no hardware volume control.

For me, Skype is extremely important as a ubiquitous communication tool
independent of the platform.

Seems that sounds is the new wireless for Linux these days, where support
is becoming spotty for certain cards that are common in laptops.
--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.