[kwlug-disc] Astroturf Farming

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Wed Jun 23 21:55:01 EDT 2010

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 9:45 PM, John Kerr <jkerr0102 at rogers.com> wrote:

> Hi
> Yes it is over the top, but you cut off the quotation at the end. I will
> put it back in
> for you:
>
> "Jesters do oft prove prophets."  -- Shakespeare, in *King Lear*, 1605
> To jest one often does go over the top.
>
> You may have heard this before: "Many a true word is spoken in jest."

A similar concept in this Arab saying: "Take wisdom from the mouths of the
crazies".

We as open source advocates are often seen as over the top by the population
in general. Even Richard Stallman is seen as over the top by many in the
open source/free software community.
--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.