[kwlug-disc] Astroturf Farming

John Kerr jkerr0102 at rogers.com
Wed Jun 23 21:45:42 EDT 2010

Hi
Yes it is over the top, but you cut off the quotation at the end. I will put it back in
for you:
"Jesters do oft prove prophets."  -- Shakespeare, in King Lear,
1605

To jest one often does go over the top.

You may have heard this before: "Many a true word is spoken in jest."

But I am glad that you use the term "over the top". To me nothing is more over the top than the use of the word "Partner" by Microsoft.

Oh you are a Certified Microsoft Partner are you?  A Partner? wow. You get dividend cheques? When is Bill Gates coming over for dinner? When do you attend the next Microsoft board meeting?

Reality check:
You buy enough stuff from us and we will call you a partner. It is almost laughable when adult businessmen swallow this crap. Now they want to pull the wool over the eyes of young people.

It is a curious trait in modern people this thing I call  product worship. You have seen them: "what you drive a Ford? what are you some kind of degenerate?" "Hey man I just buy what I need at the best price I can. It could have been a Chev -- getta life."

It is scary when this product worship is directed at a monopolist. I think they will make a good run at it.

I hope this clears it up.

Sincerely

John

Where is all the knowledge we lost with information? -- T.S. Elliot.
John Eddie Kerr | Guelph, Ontario