[kwlug-disc] Video killed the radio star/netbook battle

Insurance Squared Inc. gcooke at insurancesquared.com
Wed Jun 23 18:14:02 EDT 2010

Two questions then:
1) Did linux actually lose the netbook battle?  I haven't looked at
netbooks in a year or two, and when I was shopping, there was some
choice.  Is that choice now gone?
2) if so, is there actually any way folks such as ourselves can actually
change that?  I'm of the perhaps uninformed opinion that some linux
flavours are a huge advantage over MS on netbooks with the potential low
overhead, instant on, etc.  I have some ideas that the royal 'we' could
do, but perhaps I'm dreaming.  Curious if others have thoughts.