[kwlug-disc] [OT] Google sniffing wifi, collecting emails and passwords.

Insurance Squared Inc. gcooke at insurancesquared.com
Mon Jun 21 15:00:07 EDT 2010

I figured this would be of interest to the tech folks.  Google's much
loved streetview cars that drove around snapping pictures inside
people's houses got nailed for also sniffing everyone's wifi, right down
to the mac address.  Now it turns out they also collected email
addresses and passwords:

http://www.infoworld.com/d/networking/googles-street-view-wi-fi-data-included-passwords-email-679?utm_medium=gri.ms-twitter&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_content=twitterfeed

Google's response seems to be that it was an accident.  Which I can
appreciate and understand, because that's how my wife got pregnant with
our kids.  Both of them.

g.