[kwlug-disc] One last desperate atempt - Recovering a microSD

John Van Ostrand john at netdirect.ca
Sat Jun 12 20:40:07 EDT 2010

I had this issue with a friends SD. First thing I did was DD and image off.
It would die partwa through so I used dd seek option to start where it left
off. I ended up patching together a partial image.

I could mount it though so I copied off all the files that would from the dd
image (mount -o loop has an offset option to skip past the boot sector).

I saw a presentation for forensic tools at linux fest northwest. The
software was TSK (the slueth kit). It was very low level.