[kwlug-disc] are you going to be a criminal?

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Sun Jun 6 20:37:21 EDT 2010

Bob Jonkman wrote, On 06/06/2010 6:55 PM:
> Joe Wennechuk wrote, On 06/04/2010 8:12 PM:
>> Do I have to throw away backtrack, and remove any instance of the
>> ISO. I will be a criminal for possessing this?
>
> No.
>
>  From the horse's mouth:
> http://twitter.com/TonyClement_MP/status/15419224665
>
>    Cant manuf, sell or use. But you CAN posess! RT @PSchammy
>    <http://twitter.com/PSchammy> Does #C32
>    <http://twitter.com/search?q=%23C32> make it illegal to posess/make
>    software that 'can' break a lock?
>

> Mr. Clement has many other interesting things to tweet...

So, you can possess it, but you can't use it. (Or sell it, or
manufacture it.)

Huh?

So it could come with your distro, but you can't run the program.

And you can't develop (manufacture) one.

And you can buy a DVD, but you can't use the software to put a copy
onto your netbook for watching on the plane.