[kwlug-disc] what would you pay for good kernel documentation?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Sat Jun 5 10:17:29 EDT 2010

On Sat, 5 Jun 2010, Lori Paniak wrote:

> I don't know if it is ready for prime-time yet, but the Flattr
> micropayment system (http://flattr.com/about ) might be a good
> option for your situation and FLOSS projects in general.
>
> In short, the Flattr user pays a monthly subscription from which a
> service fee is deducted. The remainder of the money is equally
> divided between sites where the user clicked the "Flattr" button in
> that month. The site just gets money in their account and the user
> doesn't have to futz around with PayPal. It is not clear how sites
> extract money from their accounts, but they do have to maintain an
> account with monthly service fees.

  i'll look into it but based on some of the reaction i've read this
morning, i can honestly say that i've never been as disappointed with
some of my fellow open source advocates as i am right now.  literally,
someone on the TLUG list just now suggested that he simply couldn't
justify the kind of donation i was talking about as an acceptable
business expense for his company.

  you don't really want to know what i'm thinking right now.

rday