[kwlug-disc] on the lookout for a high-end 1600x900 display laptop

Thu Jun 3 21:47:25 EDT 2010

On Wednesday, June 02, 2010 01:18:54 pm unsolicited wrote:
> Are you sure you need the 1600x900 24x7? e.g. When you're out and about?

Are you kidding me? I'd love to get 1920x1080 in a 12" or even 10" display on
a laptop. I don't need OpenGL or even any kind of heavily accelerated
graphics, just lots of pixels and a small dot pitch.

> Does it make any sense / is it at all useful to only gain that
> resolution on an external monitor when you're at your desk?

I've got a pair of 2048x1152 23" monitors at the desk which helps with the
schematic entry and board layout side of things, but a nice high dot pitch on
the laptop would make reading and editing code a truly pleasant experience.

mmm... 1080p AMOLED and ARM processor... come on...

-A.