[kwlug-disc] Posting without subscribing to the KWLUG-Help list

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Wed Jun 2 15:28:49 EDT 2010

Hoo boy. We did indeed open up the can of worms again.

I agree with the sentiment that we should give this list longer than
48 hours to prove its worth.

I disagree with the idea of creating meta-threads in kwlug-help (which
is why I should not have made my editorial comment in response to
John's post. Sorry).

I agree with Richard's view that a few new users have talked to some
of us and raised concerns. But that is rare, and (in my case) usually
happens when I know somebody from another context.

I have mixed feelings about KWLUG being friendly already dammit.

I have a few ideas about how to get newbies on the list (if only long
enough to ask their questions and then leave). Stay tooned.

Mailing list-forum integration failed partially because I did not
strip out e-mail addresses from posts on the web, which caused a
brouhaha. We can try again, but not until our Drupal site gets
upgraded (which is another headache area with a bottleneck I need to
address real soon now).

I agree that anybody who would like to make other attempts should do
so, and that such things can go on the website.

- Paul