[kwlug-disc] Posting without subscribing to the KWLUG-Help list

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Wed Jun 2 14:35:48 EDT 2010

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 2:21 PM, Insurance Squared Inc.
<gcooke at insurancesquared.com> wrote:
> I think we're running the risk of opening a can of worms on paul again,
> which he's already noted is something he's trying to avoid :).

And if the newcomers won't tell us what they want, we are restricted
to guessing.  So far, we've guessed incorrectly.  Or have we?

How do we tell the difference between unsuccessfully reaching out to a
group of newcomers, and successfully reaching out to a group of zero
newcomers.

Wasn't this most-recently kicked off based on discussions Paul had
with newcomers _At The LUG Meeting_?  Then we have succeeded.  They
were there and talking to somebody who could help them.  Paul, am I
remembering this correctly?

This guesswork is fruitless.

We should give the help list more than 48 hours to work.

We should keep welcoming newcomers at the meetings.

I don't see a line up of new folks, here, demanding attention.  Or
even asking a question.

If you are a newcomer here, feel free to ask questions.

We're friendly.  Damnit.