[kwlug-disc] Posting without subscribing to the KWLUG-Help list

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Wed Jun 2 00:13:34 EDT 2010

(Posting to this list instead of the other because I'm not asking or
answering a Linux question.  Meta-questions on kwlug-help are taboo, right?)

Paul Nijjar wrote about the kwlug-help list:

> you need to subscribe to
> the list before posting. (Maybe we should change that policy?)

If the intent is to encourage the newest Linux users, those who might
not have cottoned on to the protocol and etiquette of mailing lists,
then posting should be allowed from unsubscribed users.

Posting is moderated, so unwanted messages will never make it to the
list.  Perhaps only unsubscribed members need to be moderated; perhaps
subscribed members could post freely.

--Bob.