[kwlug-disc] Introduction to Linux programming - Request

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Thu Jul 29 17:36:25 EDT 2010

That's a really good thought. If there are enough WWITPRO programmers
that attend, and if part of their resistance to Linux is not being
comfortable with how to get into development, quickly, they might
welcome this.

Richard - how was your OpenWRT received? Did you get the same /
different feeling from it than from, say, kwlug?

(Khalid?, others?) - at the web based groups, has there been much
interest from Windows people in getting on to Apache and development
tools, php, mysql, whatever that 'group of things' are (-:

i.e. Like firefox, there are a number of multi-platform tools out
there, and many more with but a bit of work, if they knew they were
there. e.g. php, mySql, Apache, tcl, pearl, ...

Is there any sense that (currently) Windows based people are just
looking for a little migration path help?