[kwlug-disc] DuckDuckGo.com -- an alternate search engine

Insurance Squared Inc. gcooke at insurancesquared.com
Wed Jul 28 09:56:51 EDT 2010

Javascript's a fine tool, and almost everyone has it enabled.  The few
that don't (and I'm sometimes one of them) just have to live without
some functionality.  The number of users without Javascript these days
means it's not worth getting rid of functionality to please those few.

My websites frequently use calculators.  I used to put up a form that
the user submitted, going to another results page.  No more, now I use
ajax, where the results are displayed on the fly as you change the
inputs.  And that relies heavily on javascript.  The user experience has
changed a lot now that I've done that - no way am I going back to
nonjavascript.